Help bring your creative projects to life.
“ This crowdfunding platform helps to solve that paradox by linking the two, in a more organized and professional way ”
We are changing the way of making things possible.
It is an equity crowdfunding platform that helps African entrepreneurs raise capital while giving investment opportunities for retail and institutional investors.
The platform allows for early-stage and growth companies to raise capital on the platform. It is a hybrid platform that allows both equity and debt instruments to be used.
Wengi is a Swahili word with a loose meaning of “Crowd”
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Create an account for free and submit KYC documents.
- Get access to prescreened investment opportunities
- Select the business, conducts own due diligence, and make investment pledge
- Deposit the money in the escrow account, until the campaign ends
- Create an account for free and submit KYC documents
- Upload project documents
- Preliminary due diligence done by the platform
- Approved for campaign
- Access to finance for early stage businesses remains a key challenge for entrepreneurs across Africa
- While at the same time there is ample capital, in small amounts, which remain untapped while can be unlocked to be invested in these businesses
- Potential investors don’t have easy access to these opportunities, while small businesses have no mechanism to reach out to these investors
- This crowdfunding platform helps to solve that paradox by linking the two, in a more organized and professional way
All sectors except;
- Alcohol and alcohol related
- Pork and pork products
- Tobacco and tobacco products
- Speculative businesses